James is a London based architectural photographer creating high quality images of the built environment.
I have been continually immersed in Architecture and the built environment since 1987:
- I studied architecture part 1 & 2 as a mature student at South Bank University;
- I practised architecture at Foster’s and Grimshaw’s amongst other practices;
- I taught architecture at degree and post graduate level South Bank University.
- I managed the graphical output of the Steel Construction Institute.
I have been passionate about photography since my childhood.
More recently I have been professionally involved with all aspects of digital imaging whether it be specifying, commissioning or delivering content:
- My first dark room created in my parents attic in 1971.
- My first Nikon FE bought second hand and repaired 3 times – stolen in 1992.
- I first started teaching Photoshop in 1993 to BA and PgDip architects.
- I first designed an architectural Website in 1993 used HTML 1.0 and Mosaic 1.0.
- My first published photograph in the Asahi Shimbun in 1994.
- My first Digital Camera bought new in 1996 – 0.8Mpx and not cheap!
I’m certain I can help with your photographic or imaging needs.
Do contact me to discuss any needs or projects you may have and I’ll be happy to discuss how I can assist.